Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Our Safe Place

Today I have been drawn to Psalm 61 and 62.  They are about security and assurance.  Letting us know that we can place all of us...our broken selves...in His hands.  That we can trust Him with us...He hears our prayers...whether we speak them out or breathe them silently.  He is always there...always listening...always holding His arms out to us.  Life is hard...many times it breaks us...we have no one to turn to but Him...and He is enough.  Even when you're not sure He hears...or really cares...He is faithful and He has not abandoned us. 

He. Is. Our. Safe. Place.

I'm not sure if what I have shared next is a prayer or just a pleading from within...but it is what I want...no...what I need.


Today my heart...my soul...needs to be filled up with You Lord...so please...

In my life Lord lead me.  Lead me to the Rock...You Lord...that is higher than my thoughts...my feelings...my hurts...my struggles...my pain.  When I am totally overwhelmed with all that life is...when my heart has been breached...fold me into the safety of Your wings.  Shelter me where the storms can't whip around and pummel.  Place me in Your fortress where Your light is ever shining and Your grace is all I know.  Lead me...fold me...shelter me...placed forever in Your arms of love.   

Psalm 62:1-2

I wait quietly before God,
For my victory comes from Him.

He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will never be shaken.






No comments:

Post a Comment