Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2016

His Solace

Noticing lately that putting my thoughts into words is a good thing...yet finding it's not so easy turning the feelings into sharable words.  But...none the less...something I need to do.  I am sharing this for those that struggle to find the light in their day...in their mind and down deep into their souls.  It truly is possible to do this with the Lord...when you surrender to Him and leave it all at the cross...covered by His blood.


Scriptures read that led me to a good beginning of my day;

Psalm 73:25-28 NLT
Psalm 108:1-5 NLT
Psalm 57:7-11 NLT

Solace:  Comfort...alleviation of distress.  For me I think of it as alleviation of "soul distress".
The word the Lord gave me that reached into my thoughts and then my heart.  Why...because I needed only what He can give...

10-6-2016 6:17 a.m.
So far this morning it's been a rough day.  Up about 3:45 a.m.  Finally at about 6:15 my thoughts are starting to clear...to be positive.  As I begin to reach out and touch the Lord with my thoughts my soul begins to lighten...to rise...and find a calm solace in Him...His Word.  Where I was feeling loneliness and separated...peace is now starting to infiltrate and fill me up.  As I begin to read the scriptures, my heart and soul begin to lighten and be lifted up with the reminder that through it all...He is here!  In the early morning hours we may wake with a heaviness and not understand why.  But, it is in times like these that we need to persevere...drop our heads and lower our thoughts about things on earth...then raise our heart and soul to the Lord and things of Him!  Know that as we awaken our hearts to Him...think on His faithfulness to us...we can put away the stresses of life and unravel ourselves in Him.  His unfailing love is reaching out to us...holding on to us as we reach out and hold on to Him.  His love for us is as high as the heavens.  As we reach up searching for His hand...He reaches down and takes hold with sureness.  Not only taking our hands but grabbing our souls as well...filling our hearts and minds with His amazing and bountiful grace, mercy and love for us. He will truly become the strength of our body, mind and soul.  Desire Him more than anything...then in your weakness He will make you strong.

After thoughts...

The Lord is amazing yet I have found once again that it does take a full surrender on my part before I can actually reach out and touch Him.  It's not Him holding back for He is always there...waiting...calling...longing for my surrender to Him.  I am sometimes just slow to grasp how easy it is to find my peace in Him.  As the song says...you will find He's not to busy to hear your hearts cry. 

Learn to keep pushing through until you find the light of His love. 


Psalm 57:8-11

Wake up, my heart!
Wake up, O lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song.
I will thank You, Lord, among all the people.
I will sing your praises among the nations.
For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens.
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.





No comments:

Post a Comment