Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

From My Journal

John 16:33
33 I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]

A few weeks ago I wrote some things in my journal.  At that point it was for me but now...maybe for you as well.  I'm not going to clean it up in anyway.  I'm just going to write it as I penned it down that day.  Here goes...no re-writes.

When you feel storms approaching press in closer...harder...with more fervency than normal.  Let Jesus hold and calm you.  Though the waves be high around you...if you are in the eye of the storm with Jesus you will be at peace because you are safe.

When we find ourselves in a storm...because life happens for all of us...do your best to get in the eye of the storm with Jesus.  He will keep you safe there.  Though the eye of the storm is the hardest place to be...it is the safest place to be.  When you look out from the center of anything you can see in all directions.  Your perspective from the middle is completely different from those that are looking from the outside in.

Jesus has told us that in this life we will have many troubles.  Thunder and lightening will definitely abound!!  But take heart...if you're in the middle of it all with Jesus His arms are around you giving you that peace that surpasses all understanding!  You don't need to be filled with an all consuming fear because you know the all consuming God has got you!  

There is perfect peace in the eye of the storm.

Shelter me Lord under Your wings
keep me in Your shadow at all times
Be my shelter in the storm
my refuge where I hide
Keep me safe and cover me
from the onslaught on the enemy
Cover me with Your love Your protection
Hide me Lord in You
as I pursue You wholeheartedly

Okay...there it is.  Uncut and in the original form...as intended.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Chelle, I needed to read this today. I so don't want to press in, in the midst of a certain storm. I kinda want to give up. But, it is not what the Lord wants! Thanks for the encouragement today.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You write so nicely, it's hard to believe that was an uncut version!
    And it is a very timely thing for me to read today, as I am becoming more and more overwhelmed by everything thats happening in the world right now..feeling like really hiding somewhere lately (In Jesus' arms is the right and only safe place to go)..thanks for this reminder, my friend!
    Blessings and love to you~Lisa

    ReplyDelete