Pages

Friday, April 22, 2016

Walls Of Salvation

This thought just hit me like a ton of bricks...

If we don't tear down the walls around our hearts and swing wide the gates of our souls...JESUS will never really be all...everything...to us.  He will be our Savior...if we have asked Him to forgive our sins...but we will still always be longing for something...never quite feeling like it is well with our soul.  

Last night as I was reading my Bible it seemed that every passage I turned to talked about gates...doors...walls.  I know that the Holy Spirit is speaking to me.  I know...because I know.  The gates of Heaven are only going to be opened to those that are righteous...to those living according to what is written in the Word of God.  We all fail at times.  Different areas for all of us but still yet...a fail is a fail...a shortcoming is a shortcoming...a sin...well...sin is sin no matter what else you label it.  The last scriptures I read before going to bed last night were these...part of a song to the Lord.


Isaiah 26:1-4
In that day, everyone in the land of Judah will sing this song;

Our city is strong!
We are surrounded by the walls of God's salvation.
Open the gates to all who are righteous;
allow the faithful to enter.
You will keep in perfect peace
all who trust in You,
all whose thoughts are fixed on You!
Trust in the Lord always,
for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.

In life we have lots of trouble...much stress.  But if we live for the Lord and let Him be our anchor...supported by Him...dwelling in Him...listening only to Him...things of life will not shake us to the point of being uprooted out of our life for Him.  We will be surrounded by His love...held in His arms...sheltered by Him.  We will have peace in Him.  We must keep our thoughts on the Lord trusting only in Him.  I really like the last line of verse one...We are surrounded by the walls of God's salvation.  That is how I want to feel at all times.  As if there are literal walls surrounding me...walls that I know are put around me by God Himself !  I could even think that the feeling may be...being held by the arms of Jesus.  Soft and gentle...yet...strong and mighty!!  Where nothing but good can penetrate. 

Father God do a mighty work in me.  Help me to tear down the walls of my heart and swing wide the gates of my soul so that Your Holy Spirit can enter in and do the work only HE can do within me.  I want to live fully and completely in Your will.  Thank You for allowing me to see things in me that I need to let You change.  Only You Lord...only You can help me and change me.  Thank You for the work You have started in me and for the work You are going to finish. 

In Jesus name...In Jesus name...



No comments:

Post a Comment