Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Nothing Held Back

This morning it was so hard for me to leave for work.  All I wanted to do was sit here and talk with the Lord and write the things down that I was feeling.  It is hard for me to explain but I felt such a great peace like I haven't felt in way too long.  It was an abiding peace...sustaining peace...a peace I so needed to feel.  I so want...no...I need to be in His presence.  More and more...and more. 

When I got home I opened up my bible not knowing what to read...but read I must...it is essential for everything in me.  My life...my everything...I know it...failing is not what I want to do again...ever.
So...I turned to Psalms and just started looking.  Psalm 23...my old standby...I read...something more was needed.  Psalm 24 and 25...I will only put some verses here but it is all good.

Psalm 24:3-6

Who may climb the mountain of the Lord?
Who may stand in His holy place?
Only those whose hands and hearts are pure,
who do not worship idols and never tell lies.
They will receive the Lord's blessing,
and have a right relationship with their God and Savior. 
Such people may seek You
and worship in Your presence, O God of Jacob.

O, Lord once again I ask for forgiveness...for a clean and pure heart.  Help me Lord to trust You.  Help me Lord to come into a right relationship with You.  I seek You more and more and long to worship in Your presence Lord all the days of my life...and after my life is done.

Psalm 24 7-10

Open up ancient gates!
Open up, ancient doors,
and let the King of glory enter.
Who is the King of glory?
The Lord, strong and mighty;
the Lord, invincible in battle.
Open up, ancient gates?
Open up, ancient doors,
and let the King of glory enter.
Who is the King of glory?
The Lord of Heaven's Armies
He is the King of glory.

When I read this I was truly excited.  I can just picture the people...the children...running to the gates and swinging them wide to let the King of Glory in!  Can't you just see it now...The King of Glory...of all Heaven and earth...coming through the gates.  Everyone bowing at the Kings feet...worshiping...praising the King of all Glory!!  And then another thought came to mind...

The door of my heart...the gate to my soul...and me...finally swinging it open wide letting the King of Glory in with nothing held back from Him!  No inhibitions...no fear of the unknown! 

Nothing. Held. Back.

With all of my worship and all of my praise going to the One who saved my soul...who saved my life!   Oh, open up worn out doors of my heart...open up, heavy ancient doors to my soul.  Let the King of Glory enter to do what He wills in my life. 

Psalm 25:1-2a

O Lord, I give my life to You.
I trust in You, my God!

Tonight I am so sorry and yet...so very thankfulThere is a bit of an excitement building within for things to come.  I don't know what those things will be but I am oh so ready for some change to take place. 

Heal me Lord and let me see
All the good inside of me
Touch me Lord and let me be
Consecrated Lord to thee
Heal me
Touch me
Move in me
Fill me Lord with more of Thee

I love the song...Holy Spirit Thou Art Welcome

Holy Spirit Thou art welcome in this place
Holy Spirit Thou art welcome in this place
Omnipotent Father of mercy and grace
Thou art welcome in this place

For me the place is within me...my heart...my soul...my mind...my whole life.  I believe that full and complete healing will happen.  Holy Spirit I am ready...willing...waiting...

In Jesus name...In Jesus name...come





 







No comments:

Post a Comment