Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Stay Connected

Sometimes we think that The Lord just isn't speaking anymore....or at least not to us.  But did you ever think that the fault was with you?  Maybe you just aren't listening!  I think most of the time that's how it is for me.  I have noticed that when I am opening myself up to Him....He still speaks!  It's not always when I want or when I think He should....but He still speaks.  It all started last night....

I picked up a devotional that I haven't really been reading very faithfully....Jesus Calling.  Now I  want you to know that I don't believe in reading devotionals over the Word but I do believe that God speaks through different things to each one of us.  This just happens to be one of the avenues He uses for me.  So....last night when I read the reading for the day I was reminded to....

Walk by faith and not by sight.  Not to close my eyes to things around me and go blindly but....to listen with a new heart and to the One I need to always listen to....the invisible Shepherd of my soul....Jesus.  To just fully experience Him and what He has for me.  Give myself freely and completely over to His Presence within and around me.  With this I went to bed....

My plan for today was to get up at 4 a.m. and start riding the bike before work like I use to do.  But....as you know....sometimes the Lord changes our plans.  I woke up before 4 and immediately thought that even though physical exercise is something I need to do....spiritual exercise is what I needed this morning.  So while in the shower all the conversations I had yesterday....with ones I care about....started running through my mind again.  But....there were two words that kept jumping to the forefront of all my thoughts....stay connected....

Stay connected....people are in your life for a reason....stay connected....stay connected....you don't do well alone.  Which brings me back to....walk by faith--not by sight.  He is leading the way.  So, I sat down to read todays devotional and my Bible.  The devo was great....

Sit quietly in My Presence, allowing My light to soak into you and drive out any darkness lodged within you.  Rejoice in this day that I have made, trusting that I am abundantly present in it.  Then I read....

Psalm 63:1

O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.

and....

Hosea 6:3

"Oh, that we might know the Lord!
    Let us press on to know him.
He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn
    or the coming of rains in early spring."

Those verses are perfect!  I do thirst for more and more of Him.  I do want to press on to know Him more and more!  I know that when I do press in He does respond!  He is so good that way!!

Press on to know Him more and more for yourselves.  Listen to what He is saying to you. 
And most of all....stay connected to the Lord.  Don't lose ground....even a little....when things get tough.  

until we see Jesus....face to face 

 






1 comment:

  1. God is so very patient. Passage of time does not bother Him in the least. Do not expect that a feverish Bible study will reveal Him and His Son in lasting fashion. One's whole life is introduction, is acquaintance, is revelation, is confidence and assurance. And oh yes Bible reading has its part to play. It is always His drawing effort far more than our striving effort. Relax in His love. And do not come to depend upon the fellowship in poor balance, or He will allow it to disappoint.

    ReplyDelete