Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

When You Need To Get A Grip

Let's just be honest here.  There are times when life is just plain overwhelming.  Your day can start off good....then it gets crazier and crazier....then before you know it wham!....one more thing just does it for you!  You have had enough.  What do you do when life slaps you down?  Well....there are many things you could do....

You can let the circumstances get you down to the point where you just want to get in your car and drive.  You know....the fast and furious kind of driving!  You could talk loudly....maybe yell a bit as you're driving....and ask when is it all going to stop?!  For some....not me....you could head to the nearest store and buy your favorite "beverage" then go home and drink on it for the rest of the night until you don't remember why you're upset in the first place.  I'm thinking there are many things you could do and we probably all do something.  But then....after you let yourself go for a few minutes....you can get a grip and....


drive calmly through the crowded streets to get home.  Then you can talk to God and tell Him how you are just not happy about life.  You can grumble and complain and let Him know how you want things to just be different!  Maybe just tell Him....God, I'm just done!  I need this all to end!  I know He hears us....I know He cares....about all of the things that are affecting us and making us upset.  Then....

talk to God more rationally.  Ask Him to help you see things in a different light....to look at the good and not the negative aspects of your circumstance.  There is always good mixed in.  Then you pick up your Bible and find some of your favorite verses and read.  Feed your mind and your soul on the good things of the Lord....


Psalms 27:8
My heart has heard You say, "Come and talk with me."
And my heart responds, "Lord I am coming."

Psalms 29:11
The Lord gives His people strength.
The Lord blesses them with peace.

Psalms 32:8
The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you."

Psalms 23
The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams.
    He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
    My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
    all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
    forever.

"until we see JESUS....face to face"



2 comments:

  1. THANKS! Great lesson. For me it is a temptation to take sweets, when things go wrong or when I feel overwhelmed. Do you know what is helping me? Sit down and knitting, ( I knit a my easy scarf ) and meanwhile I am praying. But this can only when I am home ...

    I love your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Ariella~ Thank you for all the encouraging comments you leave me. I too love the sweets! Yesterday there wasn't any available!!

      Blessings to you...Chelle

      Delete