Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Faith To Believe


This verse was God's reminder to me this morning to put down my device and pick up His Word.  Isn't He good?!  He knows how much I love it when He gives me a verse....a song....or a thought from Him....when I first wake up. 

Romans 10:17
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

How can I grow my faith  unless I ingest....take in....absorb....consume....devour....The Word of God?!
God knows there is no other way for me to do that.  He also knows that more than ever....for this time in my life....I really need to grow my faith in Him.  Actually....I need to let Him grow my faith.  If I put in the effort....energy....sometimes the struggle....I believe God will help me to have the faith I need to walk out the journey I am on.  He will do that by opening my eyes to things I read in His Word....some of them I may have never even noticed before....still others when I read them will have a deeper meaning than before.  Whichever it is....He will grow my faith if I do what I need to do.

There are many instances in the Bible about faith.  A friend reminded me yesterday about the story of the Israelites when they crossed the Red Sea.  Moses had to have faith to raise his hand over the water and believe it was going to part.  Yet even then....the people still had to have faith to take that first step between the walls of water on each side!  While reading that account this morning these two verses really jumped at me....

Exodus 14:13-14
13 But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. 14 The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”

What that is saying to me is....

As hard as it may be at times I....you....just need to step back from the actual situation and let the Lord do what He does.  Sometimes it's a miracle that lets you not even have to go through the situation....or....it's the miracle of when you take that first step into it He immediately calms your fears and gives you peace to get you through to the other side.  In effect....He puts His arms around you and holds on to you until you're done with what you need to do.  

I have had some really good quotes about faith sent to me recently....

Faith is the step between promise and assurance.
That one reminds me of the Red Sea account.

Every miracle begins with an act of obedience.

Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future.

And this last one I have sitting on my desk. 
Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see.

"until we see JESUS....face to face"




 

 



We all need to have faith.  In fact we all do have faith.  The question is what....or whom....is your faith in?







1 comment:

  1. I love what you write. Especially this: "Every miracle begins with an act of obedience." Its true. And every act of obedience begins with the miracle of the working of the Holy Spirit in our hearts.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete