Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

In The Midst Of Us

Psalms 46:1-7 NKJV

God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah

There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.

The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

This Psalm is a song about Gods special protection of Zion. Even so, it can be applied to us and Gods special protection over our lives.     

When I first read vs 5 this morning I knew it wasn't about a person but I also knew....for this moment in time....that's how the Lord was showing it to me. Lately I have known that I really just want....need....more of God.  Since I have started really being serious about telling Him that I want Him more, many things have been happening in my life....some that I have not been so excited about.  Yet, there have been other things that are good.  One being....me just stumbling upon this scripture in the early morning today.  Another being....how the Holy Spirit helped me to see how this verse....actually the whole Psalm....relates to me/us as well.  So, this is what I got out of it this morning exactly as I wrote it in my journal.  No rethinking it or rewriting it....just as the Holy Spirit helped me to see it for me....and you.

Vs 5;  If we know the Lord as our Savior....if we walk with Him....He is in the midst of us.  He dwells in us!  God is not going to allow us to be moved and tossed about....if we stay close to Him.  Yes....we will have trials but....God will be with us through them all.  Helping us and guiding us through them.  At the break of dawn He will be there....He will show up at the toughest time for us.  He. Is. Our. Strength.  46:1 tells us this!  46:6 talks about kingdoms being tottered and moved....total chaos is upon them.  Think about that for you!  Your life may be....what you perceive as....on the edge of chaos!  But....GOD. Has. Got. You!  You may be moved around a bit but as it says in vs 7....The Lord is with us.  This section ends with the word Selah meaning....pause, and calmly think of that!

"until we see JESUS....face to face"

2 comments:

  1. What is good so to meditating about this old psalm. He speaks to us through His Word. Sometimes very surprising. Let us this week to stay close to Him. And ask if He holds us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your journal with us Chelle... I didn't know that definition of Selah...It is a good way to get the meaning and let it really sink in.
    Love you, and hope you are feeling well today~Lisa

    ReplyDelete