Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

One More Time

Psalms 25:1-2a

1 O Lord, I give my life to you.
2 I trust in you, my God!

This morning I read Psalm 25.  The whole chapter is amazing!  I read the NLT version and those first two lines just jumped off the page at me!  In fact, I just keep going back and rereading them.  My thoughts seem to be captured by these words....

O LORD, I give my life to YOU. 
I trust in YOU, my GOD!

How many times have I said these words?  How many times do I really mean it and live it? 
With my whole heart....with everything I have in me....one more time....this morning I say it and mean it.  With my whole heart....soul....and mind....I make this choice....to live those words today....everyday....for the rest of my life. I am Yours....thank You for forgiving me and saving me....giving me new life in YOU!

Here is the Amplified version....

Unto You, O Lord, do I bring my life.
O my God, I trust, lean on, rely on, and am confident in You. 

When I read this version it changed my thought pattern a bit.  Not only am I giving the Lord my life but I am presenting my life to Him.  As in....

Here it all is Lord....every little piece of it....me.  I'm putting it all out there for You.  Not only am I trusting You with my life but I am relying solely on you to take care of me.  I am leaning on You....and You alone....putting all my trust....hope....and confidence in You.  There is no one else I trust with me....but You!  

"until we see JESUS....face to face"

No comments:

Post a Comment