Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Follow Him

Do you ever have those days when you just want to have an old time....what they use to call....song service?  I sure do!  Yes....some of the new contemporary music is good.  How Great Is Our God is one of my absolute favorite songs.  But oh how I also love to sing....How Great Thou Art!  And then there is....What A Day That Will Be....Pass Me Not O Gentle Savior....The Old Rugged Cross....There's A Sweet Sweet Spirit In This Place....Oh there are so many good ones!  I am being old fashioned right now and I know I can sing them as often as I like at home.  But for me, I would love to sing and worship the Lord in a church setting....with other believers....raising our hands in worship....singing some of these songs.  They just have a good feeling to them....the words and the music take you home one more time.  Not just our earthly home but also our Heavenly home.  

Thinking on this makes me also want to say....

We just need to allow the Lord to set us free from all the things that have us all tied up.  Jesus wants us to be free and He wants us to allow Him to have free reign in our life.  When we do that then He is able to work in us and give us the things He wants us to have.  When we allow Him to set us free from all of the things we hold onto....fear and doubt being major ones....then we will be truly free and He can do things in our life that we really never thought were possible.  When the Lord presents you with opportunities you need to take them especially when you know that's what He wants you to do....even when you don't think you can do it....that same opportunity may never come again.  If you don't you could be really missing out on what the Lord has for you. 

To tie both of these things together....

Doing things together....with other Christians....is good.  Whether it be inside the walls of the church or in another setting.  The Lord moves anywhere that we are gathered together.

These things are probably on my mind tonight because of  what happened in my day today.  Whatever the reason is....I just needed to write my thoughts...and feelings....tonight because I am learning that the more I let go....the more Jesus is real to me. 

I didn't have a scripture to share so I just opened my bible and this is what I read. Knowing where my thoughts are coming from....this is what the scripture needs to be.

Matthew 16:24-25

Take Up the Cross and Follow Him

24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.


"until we see JESUS....face to face"










1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Chelle, what you had to say in this post of yours was of great help for me today.

    I have been noticing by my surrendering myself over to God that He truly has been uplifting me like never before.

    God bless you my sister in Christ and friend,

    Lon

    ReplyDelete