Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

God's Power

Earlier this month I made a renewed commitment to myself....yet more importantly to God....to spend time with the Lord on a daily basis.  Since doing that I have been finding all kinds of new things in His Word.  I'm sure that many of them I have read before but now I am seeing them with new eyes.  I'm thinking that I'm seeing more with the eyes He has been wanting me to see with for a long time now.  There are many parts of the Bible that I really haven't read since becoming a Christian.  For example, today I found this....Job 36:22 - 37:24.  I'm not going to put it all here but you can read it for yourself.  It is absolutely amazing.  The subtitle in my Bible says....Elihu Reminds Job of God's Power.  I'm not sure which verses I like best in this passage because they all speak of His mighty power....however, these seem to stand out to me more than the others.

Job 37:1-5


 “My heart pounds as I think of this.
    It trembles within me.
Listen carefully to the thunder of God’s voice
    as it rolls from his mouth.
It rolls across the heavens,
    and his lightning flashes in every direction.
Then comes the roaring of the thunder—
    the tremendous voice of his majesty.
    He does not restrain it when he speaks.
God’s voice is glorious in the thunder.
    We can’t even imagine the greatness of his power.

When I read this I just couldn't seem to get enough.  I read it as I highlighted each line.  Then I read it again....and now again.  It makes me think of another story in the bible when God covered Moses with His hand as He passed by because no one can look directly at His face and live.  How awesomely powerful He is!  It is hard to even imagine. The last two verses in this passage sum it all up nicely....

Job 37:23-24

23 We cannot imagine the power of the Almighty;
    but even though he is just and righteous,
    he does not destroy us.
24 No wonder people everywhere fear him.
    All who are wise show him reverence.”

I am so thankful that the Lord has been making His Word come alive to me.  Nothing can compare to Him.  He is awesome....mighty....powerful and He can do for us what no one else can.  At times it seems that we are just waiting and waiting for Him to answer us.  Sometimes we wonder where He is.  But the amazing thing is....when He does answer, you know beyond any doubt that it is Him.  Why?  Because you can't possibly change things the way He changes them.  You can't possibly change yourself....the way He changes you.  If you ever doubt the work that He has done in your life....just think back to your life before Christ....and remember.  

Thank you Blue Cotton Memory.  When I read your post today I turned to Job and read more.  

until we see JESUS....face to face









5 comments:

  1. Hi Chelle,
    Those are amazing verses that describe the majesty of our Father. I love Job, there are just so many good, rich lessons to learn there. Job was the book that really helped my husband understand pain and suffering in this life can come from God.

    When I was little and then again when my children were little and we had a thunderstorm I would take them outside onto the safety of our covered porch and tell them to listen for Scripture tells us that God's voice is like thunder. They and I when I was little, would listen to the thunder and say to each other, "Did you hear that? That was God saying, 'Sway trees!'." :)

    Isn't it so cool to see the Word of God come alive and jump off those pages at you? I love God's Word so much and I get so excited when I see that same love for Him in others.

    Blessings hon,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chelle! What powerful Scripture you have here today... God is so complete and so overwhelming, it is amazing that we can even talk to him. And yet, that's what he wants us to do! Powerful and humble. What a combination.
    He sure can change us more than we ever could alone. I just have to have the faith that says he will. I think Scripture reading is a wonderful way of gleaning that faith.

    Have a good evening :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Chelle! Love, love this passage in Job! What a beautiful reminder of how we should be praising and celebrating His amazing grace and love....AMEN!

    I am going to share this for sure!! Have some sweet dreams tonight my friend!
    Denise
    BTW...Have moved again...hopefully for good! http://refinemelord.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right - I cannot possibly change things the way He can. I am learning to let go and let Him do it:) I've read Job - a long, long time ago - and it so saddened me - and so much of it was hard to wrap my brain around. This area that you've shared - and that I shared this week have allowed me a way to enter into this book in a way I haven't before. God's voice sounding like thunder scares me - and I thought how can a child come to God who's voice sounds like that - but when you add that He uses that voice for "discipline or grace or extravagant love" - oh - I will risk the fear for the grace and extravagant love! Thanks for pulling me even further into Job! I love it when our posts have dialogues with each other like this - resulting in a double blessing!!!
    Maryleigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chelle,
    My life before knowing Jesus was just darkness, but for thirty odd years I have been learning line upon line, and still am, about His majesty and His love for us.

    ReplyDelete