Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Are You Weary?

Are you just barely holding on today?  If that's how you feel I have got some good news for you!
God is faithful  Do you believe that today? 

Sometimes God will bring you to a place in life that isn't where you expected to be.  I'm not talking about a mountain top experience.  NO....I'm talking about that place where none of us like to go....into the valley.

Psalm 23:4a
Even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

Your valley may not take you all the way to death, but it can sometimes feel as if it's squeezing the life right out of you.  What we have to remember is that the Lord is the One who has allowed you to enter this valley and He's walking through it with you.

Psalm 23:4b
I will not be afraid,
for You are close beside me.
Your rod and Your staff
protect and comfort me.

Even though it's a deep valley at times....He's got your hand. Isn't it great to know that you're never alone?  He is your protector from all the things that scare you.  Your comforter when no one else is around.  The Lord is their giving you the strength you need to climb out of that valley.  He's guiding you and leading you.  He is your shepherd and He only has good things planned for you. 

Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.

I've been in a lot of  valleys in my life.  The ones I liked the most had lakes or streams running through them and usually somewhere near would be a beautiful meadow.   That's what David talks about in this verse.  A place of rest and peace.

Psalm 23:2
He lets me rest in green meadows;
He leads me beside peaceful streams.

I know that when life has got you all twisted up it's hard to rest.  Just remember....Jesus is Peace and He gives blessed rest!

Psalm 23:3a
He renews my strength.

Are you weary right now.  Are you tired.  Remember....He is with you in this valley and He will be faithful to bring you out of it back up to the mountaintop.  Right now let Jesus give you peace....comfort....rest.  Let His peace roll over you right now....

Wonderful Peace by Warren Cornell

Far away in the depths of my spirit tonight,
rolls a melody sweeter than psalm;
In celestial like strains it unceasingly falls
O'er my soul like an infinite calm.

chorus

Peace! Peace! wonderful peace,
Coming down from the Father above;
Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray,
In fathomless billows of love.


until we see Jesus....face to face



Linking up with Tracy on Winsome Wednesday.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Chelle,
    this is a lovely encouraging post and I have always loved this Psalm. Sometimes we don't realize just how much comfort the Lord offers us through the scriptures do we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is faithful, alive and active today! Praise Jesus Christ, amen!!

    Blessings sister,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Chelle for this dose of encouragement. Past few days I've found myself a bit weary spiritually and physically. But indeed our Lord is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you said, the valley is often a beautiful meadow. Someone once said the valleys we experience in life is where we grow like the grass in that meadow. Looking at my own life, I know that is true. We don't usually grow when we are on top of the mountain and life is good. We grow during those struggles as we learn to depend more on Him!
    Tresa

    ReplyDelete