Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Soul Hunger

Do you ever feel that you just need more of God?  It seems to me that there has just got to be so much more that I just haven't found yet.  At times....like now....it seems as if there is a void inside of me.  A deep longing for more than what I know now.  It's like a restlessness that is all consuming!  Like God is calling me to something more....that I don't know....but I just can't get there.  This all takes me back to one of my favorite verses.

John 3:30
He must increase, but I must decrease.

I always think of it as....More of Him, less of me.

Another verse that comes to mind is....

Psalm 42:1
Just like the deer that craves streams of water,
my whole being craves You, God.

Tonight I'm not sure what this is all about but this keeps coming to mind....soul hunger.  There is a hunger for something more and the feeling runs deep....clear to the soul.  A hunger....craving....that somehow is not satisfied.

I do know that God is in all of this and that He knows the answer to all of our deepest soul hungers.  Even when we aren't even sure of what they are.  He holds the answers to all of our questions.  If you are having soul hungers of your own....keep pressing forward!

until we see JESUS....face to face



3 comments:

  1. Hi Chelle,
    I have a strong feeling that you are going to have a close encounter with the Lord. Many times I have felt like you are feeling now over the thirty years that I have been born again and it always seems to precede a revelation from the Lord. God bless you and give you your heart and soul's desire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite verses Chelle (Psalm 42:1).. I am always craving more too; a growing love relationship with God is vital to everything else that happens in our lives! Yes, we must keep pressing forward! :)

    Blessings for a week with "more of Him"... :)
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. If He arouses desire in your heart, He is ready to refresh you with living water. He is the Resurrection and the Life.

    ReplyDelete