Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thoughts

Tonight there are so many thoughts going through my head that it's hard to sort them out.

Some of the words running through my mind are....

change....comfort level....loss....familiarity....overwhelmed....discouraged....uncertainty....lost
tired....fearful....evil....heaviness

I'm noticing that none of these words are positive nor do they bring good feelings.  But they do all represent feelings that we all have at one time or another.  Unfortunately, sometimes we have all of these....and even more....at the same time.  I'm finding myself there tonight.  Full of all these feelings that I don't like.  Why....

Because sometimes I let life get to me.  But....deep down I know that all the things in life that trouble me God will somehow make okay. 

There is another list of words that I'm trying hard to replace the first list with...

hope....peace....cheer....faith....strength....abundant joy....victory....love....focus....truth....goodness
over-comer

One day Jesus will come back and we won't have to go through the things we go through now.  But until that day we need to carry on.  Push through all the trials of this life.  Pray about everything.  Be vigilant in our walk with the Lord. 

As Christians we need to stay close and support one another.  Pray for each other all the time.  Show love to one another. 

When things aren't quite right this Psalm always comes to my mind.  I'm sure it's the Lord that reminds me of it.

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams.
    He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
    My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
    all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
    forever.








3 comments:

  1. Hi Chelle,
    I know it is the Lord giving you these words of comfort, it is the enemy who wants you to think on the negative words. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, He has the power to bring about all that is contained in your second list of words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's compare our mind with the Word of Our Shepherd. Even when I walkthrough the darkest valley,I will not be afraid,for you are close beside me! And thats true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chelle,
    You are so right, sometimes all those negative words run wild through our minds...But God counters all lies with his truths.
    Recently, I had to discern whether some negative thoughts were from the enemy, or whether it was conviction from the Lord...it was conviction, I know that because I was given comfort and peace...relief in knowing that my actions were not right with the Lord, but it could be easily corrected by recentering my thoughts on Him and His Word...All was not lost, and I was not left in dispair...That is what the enemy's lies will do...leave you feeling hopeless and lost in dispair.
    Now my mind is full of the words in that second list!
    ~Blessings and love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete