Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Blessed Assurance

Psalm 100

Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.

Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.


Blessed Assurance ~

On this day of Thanksgiving we have much to be thankful for.  One is the blessed assurance that we have because Jesus is our Savior.  I heard that old hymn this morning and I was truly blessed!  It's not the singers....it's not the story behind the song....it's not the music....and no....it's not really even the words of the song.  It's that when you worship the Lord He moves within you and touches that place that is deep within each of us....our very souls!  It's when we allow ourselves to fall into His presence and worship....fall into His presence and tell Him we love Him....fall into His presence and totally lose ourselves in Him....that's when Jesus takes over....reaches out and takes us in His arms....pours His spirit into us....and heals the broken places within that have left us scared and bruised.  Sometimes we just need to abandon every thought and feeling that we hold inside....let go and let God take control....and be with Him.  Jesus will heal you and give you His blessed assurance. 

Today as you are with your family and friends remember that they may not all know Him as you do.  Or maybe they do but deep within they have hurts and scars that still need His healing touch.  Be aware and be open to those around you.  Say a silent prayer for each one that walks through your door that they may feel His love today....and let Him touch them.

Here are the words of that old song....

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood!

chorus:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long!

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight,
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior in happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Keep watching and waiting today and be ready. Jesus is coming soon!

until we see Jesus....face to face









2 comments:

  1. As I read this I envisioned closing my eyes and just falling...letting go of what I consider my support...and falling into Him!
    Jesus is mine...and I am His!
    Blessings and love, my dear friend~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete