Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

All He Really Wants

Sometimes it takes something big to get us out of our sluggishness and make us realize that the only way we can survive is to totally rely on the LORD. We need to draw close to HIM like we never have before.

As I watched the attacks in Paris unfold today it woke me up. Sometimes...as of late...I can go about life ignoring the fact that...plainly...I'm just not as close to the LORD as I once was. I have...in effect...become numb to HIM talking to me to the point that He is having to nudge me...almost knocking me over at times...yet I still continue to push HIM aside. The funny thing is it's not because I want HIM to leave me...in fact it's the opposite...I want more and more of HIM. Yet somehow I keep doing all the wrong things. I think too much and dwell on unimportant things...failures...disappointments. Thinking about it...putting it all into perspective this comes to mind...

All HE...JESUS...really wants is me...all of me...my undivided attention...undivided soul.heart.mind. All HE wants is me...just the way I am because HE can work with that...however I may be.

That's how JESUS is...all HE really wants is you as well...just as you are.
All HE wants is to be our everything...all we will ever need. He wants us to fall on our face and call out to HIM...seek HIM...find HIM...live for HIM.

Isaiah 55:6
Seek the Lord while you can find him.
Call on him now while he is near.

Isaiah 54:10
"Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,”
says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

"until we see JESUS...face to face"
 

1 comment:

  1. I can sure relate to His sometimes needing to knock me over to wake me up spiritually!
    My heart goes out to the people of France, and to all who have been touched by this evil!
    It is a wake up call that indeed, our time here on planet earth may be getting short.
    I am looking for our deliverer to call us up, but we have work to do in the meantime, and I think that work is to pray fervently. My broken heart brings me to my spiritual knees, and that is the frontline in this war against this evil that we find ourselves facing now.
    ((hugs))
    with love~Lisa

    ReplyDelete