Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

How Great You Are

Ephesians 3:19
May you experience the love of CHRIST, though it is too great to understand fully.
Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from GOD.


John 3:30
HE must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.


Tonight I just seem to have a renewed passion....a soul overflowing....an amazing....unbelievable craving....for more and more of JESUS!! 

What I just wrote still doesn't give the full description of what I feel in my heart!  Why am I sharing this with you?  All I can say is....because if you don't feel like this in some way you are missing out.  I know because I have been missing out for sometime now. 

I've known I was lacking in passion for God but didn't know how to get back to this place that I love so much....this place I long to live!  Things happen to all of us that can extinguish the fire....at least that's what we think....the fire that drives us to live full out for God.  But....I believe that the Holy Spirit keeps that fire alive in us even in those times that we think it's out.  Then when we get to the place where something jump starts us and ignites that fire....we will know....and feel....the passion once again!  For all of us it is probably something different that gets us to that place....whatever it is don't question it just go with it! 

Already this week there has been a couple of things for me that just started that stirring within....that soul overflowing feeling....that fire!!  The first one was church on Sunday.  The second one was tonight....my favorite song....How Great Thou Art.  To me there is absolutely nothing that compares....in song....to this one.  I love all the verses and the chorus but Oh!....when we get to the last chorus and verse I can hardly contain myself....

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!


Wow....I can just picture this in my mind!  Then I shall bow....me....I will be there and I will see JESUS....face to face....I stand amazed!!

"until we all see JESUS....face to face"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelle, I love how you say the fire is always there even though we think its not, and it resonates with me those little moments of feeling a flash of it, a great song, a moment in church, a revelation of something, and you instantly feel it. I long for more moments like that too. Thank you for the sweet encouragement here.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete