Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Adding To

Ash Wednesday was yesterday so there were many people I know talking about what they were giving up for Lent.  Personally, I don't practice Lent but....because of the season and because I want to become as close to the Lord as I can....I decided not to give up something but to add something instead.  So, for the next 40 days my plan is to do my best to get up early....about 4 a.m. workdays....and read His Word.  In the past I have not been very successful at this but I know that this is the right time in my life to make this commitment.  Just recently I told someone that all I really want is more and more of God....and I meant it.  He is becoming more and more important each day.  I feel an excitement that I have not felt in a long time and I'm loving that.  This adding to....for at least the next 4o days....goes along with my word for this year....consistent.  It's really pretty plain to me that without spending more time in His Word I really can't be very consistent.  One of my very favorite verses is....

John 3:30 NLT

He must become greater and greater, I must become less and less.

The way I always say it to myself is....

More of Him and less of me.  That truly is the cry of my heart and soul today.  With all that's going on in the world we really need to make sure that we are ready for when Jesus comes back or He takes us home in some other way.  But there's something else we need to do as well....talk to others about Him.  Become His disciples in our turmoil filled world.  People are hurting out there.  We need to be the light in this dark world we live in.  We need to show them the light that lives inside of us....JESUS is that light!  

"until we all see JESUS....face to face"

No comments:

Post a Comment