Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

His Whisper

1 Kings 19:11-13

11 “Go out and stand before me on the mountain,” the Lord told him. And as Elijah stood there, the Lord passed by, and a mighty windstorm hit the mountain. It was such a terrible blast that the rocks were torn loose, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. 12 And after the earthquake there was a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire there was the sound of a gentle whisper. 13 When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave.
And a voice said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

WOW!  In this one small lapse of time the Lord caused all kinds of mighty things to happen and yet....it was the whisper.  Just a gentle whisper that God used to speak into Elijah.  Can you just imagine that segment in time?!  How many times do we ask God to speak to us?  To let us know the answers we are craving!  Then we realize....and hear....the still small voice He speaks to us with.  

Yesterday....and again this morning....I have read this passage....many times....and each time it has stirred up an excitement within my soul.  I am blessed today because the Lord has given me back something I have been missing for a while now....renewed passion and hunger for Him and His word!  Not that He had taken it from me....no....I had allowed it to slip away.  But for the last few days now every time I pick up His Word....every time I speak with others about Him....every time I listen to His Word in study....He has renewed me more and more.  Isn't that just like the Lord to allow us to have what we have been needing....and reaching for....just exactly when we really think we can't go on without it!!  

I need to tell you this morning that God is great and wonderful!  He only wants the best for you and He is longing to give it to you!  Sometimes you just need to take a step and then reach out when He offers you the answer you have been waiting for Him to give to you.  The excitement that He places within you....the over powering love that you feel inside....is amazing and worth everything.  Reach out to Him today.  Let the Lord fill you up with His love and amazing grace.  Stop waiting for Him to send you something in a big and mighty way....just listen for that still small voice....HIS whisper within your soul.

"until we see JESUS....face to face"

No comments:

Post a Comment