Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Praise The Lord

I really don't know where I'm going with this post tonight but sometimes I just get a feeling of needing to write it out....so to "speak".  

Tonight I was flipping through my bible, reading highlighted passages, when I came upon this one.
In my bible it says this is a song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem.

Psalm 134

Oh praise the Lord, all you servants of the Lord,
you who serve at night in the house of the Lord.
Lift up your hands in prayer,
and praise the Lord.
May the Lord, who made heaven and earth,
bless you from Jerusalem.

Immediately I was reminded of a chorus we sang when I was young. 

Come praise the Lord
all you servants of the Lord
Who stand by night
in the house of the Lord
Lift up your hands
In the holy place
And bless the Lord
and bless the Lord.


Tonight I am thanking the Lord for the memories of the old choruses and songs from my younger years.  Back when we sang them in church they didn't really mean anything to me but now....they have real meaning to me.

It's important to sing....worship....and praise the Lord with music.  Old or new....whatever you like. 
Looking back down at my bible a see a verse that isn't highlighted....and it fits....

Psalm 135:3

Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good;
celebrate His lovely name with music.

It seems the message here tonight is that you just....Praise the Lord!

"until we see JESUS....face to face"



1 comment:

  1. Oh I love so many of both the old and new songs of praise....and scripture tells us that God inhabits the praises of his people!
    I only sing when I am alone...But there are times when I read something in the bible and have to just raise my hands and say "Thank you Lord!"
    This post makes me want to turn on some music!

    ReplyDelete