Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Water You Need

There is a song that in days past was sung all the time at church....I didn't like it.  This is the first line;

As the dear panteth for the water
so my soul longeth after thee.

I was not a Christian and when I would hear that song...for lack of a better description....it made my skin crawl.  Since becoming a Christian that feeling about it has never really left me entirely....until today.  I think that I just never really understood the real meaning of it.  This morning I read the verse....I have read it before but generally avoid it....and I get it. 

Psalm 42:1-2 NLT

As the deer longs for streams of water,
    so I long for you, O God.
I thirst for God, the living God.
    When can I go and stand before him?

My study bible says this;

As the life of a deer depends upon water, so our lives depend upon God.  
Do you thirst for God?

While reading through some scriptures this morning I turned to Psalm 63 NLT.

 O God, you are my God;
    I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
    my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
    where there is no water.

My study Bible says;

Together, soul and whole body refer to a person's entire being.

The point of all of this is....

Sometimes we find ourselves in situations in life that....plainly....we just need the Lord! We long for....soul and whole body together....the Lord to just come in and take over.  We are tired....we are sometimes drowning in our circumstance....and we can't always see the light at the end of the tunnel.  We are thirsting for God!  We need Him!  Down deep within ourselves is a need so great we can't even explain it!  We are tired and weary....in the middle of our own desert where we see no end in sight....and we are longing for His streams of living water to flow through us and give us life....His life!  

Just like the deer needs water to survive we need the Lord....more than anything or anyone!  Things we go through in life are hard.  The good news is....We can go to the Living Water and be refreshed!
Jesus is our Living Water!  He is what we need....Who we need!  So whatever the issue is that you are going through today....go to Jesus.  He is the water you need....the water you are searching for.
 
"until we see JESUS....face to face"



2 comments:

  1. This made me think...I believe that most of us who live in parts of the world where water is abundant, and easily obtained can't really grasp the idea of what it must be like not to have water whenever we feel thirst....I pictured a deer running through a dry and parched land, panting and looking for a source of water...It made me sad to watch that poor deer standing there where there must have once been a small brook, but now is only dry land...panting heavily with its tongue hanging out...And now I can only imagine how awful would it be if we did not have the Holy Spirit and the Word of God readily available to us when we are going through those hard times...and now I truly feel so good thinking about how merciful God is and how plentiful the refreshing living water that he gives us every single day!
    Blessings and much love to you, my friend~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chelle, Amen! To what you said. I just don't think most believers really comprehend how much we need Him. I know for sure that I don't. Too often I go through things on my own strength. Blessings,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete