Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Radically Faithful

What is the cry of your heart today?  What is it that you want....more than anything....spiritually speaking?   Better yet....

What has the Lord been impressing upon you that needs to change in your life with Him?  

For me it's getting back to spending time with Him on a regular basis.  Reading his Word and talking with Him are essential to my life....to all of our lives.  I can say all the right things to people and they think I've got it together.  But when it comes right down to it....what others perceive of me doesn't make it so.  I'm not where I want to be in my spiritual life because I don't do what I need to do to get there.  You only grow....on a continual basis....when you put your whole heart into the way you need to live....the way God has called us to live as Christians.

This morning I started reading in Genesis.  Actually, I read something else first and went to Genesis 1:1 because of a study note....and then continued on.  The words of creation captivated my thoughts.  Then I read Genesis 4:25-26....

Adam had sexual relations with his wife again, and she gave birth to another son.  She named him Seth, for she said, "God has granted me another son in place of Able, whom Cain killed."
When Seth grew up he had a son name Enosh.
At that time people first began to worship the Lord by name.

For some reason that drew me in.  So I read the study notes....

....the birth of Seth brought renewed hope.
Enosh was born at a time when people began to worship the Lord by name (literally call on the name of the Lord).  Seth would take Abel's place as leader of a line of God's faithful people.

Oh....I so want to be one of God's faithful!  What the cry of my heart really comes down too!  Then I read on....

Reading genealogies is not something I normally do....but I did.  When I read Genesis 5:23-24 I knew why.

Enoch lived 365 years, walking in close fellowship with God.  Then one day he disappeared, because God took him.

These next words are just my thoughts....

Enoch was so close to God that God just wanted him to be with Him!  In my mind Enoch must have had an insatiable love for God and God didn't want him to have to deal with an imperfect life on earth anymore.  Reading this it's as if God is saying....to me....I love you so much I will do what ever it takes to have you with me.  Live in close fellowship with Me and I will always be with you....for eternity.  I want my love for God to be insatiable.  Again....just my thoughts. 

And then....the story of Noah.

Genesis 6:8-9 and 22

But Noah found favor with the Lord.  This is the account of Noah and his family.  Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless person living on earth at the time, and he walked in close fellowship with God.

So Noah did everything exactly as God had commanded him.

Noah wasn't perfect but he walked with God....he had fellowship with God.  Noah did everything that God commanded him to do....and God was faithful.  Just like God said He would do....He brought Noah and his family through the flood.

Looking at the first few people in history....that we read about....this is what I see....

The ones that God blessed....that brought a radical change to the way things were going....were faithful to God.  Seth grew up, his son Enosh was born....people began to worship the LORD by name!  To me that is a radical change!  Why?  Because in my life worshiping the Lord was a radical change!!

Then look at Enoch....he never died.  God took him....that is radical as well.  How many people do you know that God has just taken....without dying....off of this earth!  And why did God do that?  Enoch lived in close fellowship with GOD!  WOW!!

Noah....well Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.  How great is that?!  Noah and his family were radically saved....and all human life came from them!

More than anything the cry of my heart is to do what ever it takes to have a great relationship with the Lord!  To be faithful to Him and to His call on my life.  To be radical in a way I have never been radical before!  Whatever it takes....to be radically faithful to the call....to the LORD of my life!!

How about you?  Do you want to be radically faithful to the LORD?

"until we see JESUS....face to face"














No comments:

Post a Comment