Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sweet Jesus Peace

Each day this week, before leaving for work, I have turned on some worship music for a few minutes and worshiped the Lord. Then while driving to work I have turned off my radio and talked to the Lord.  After getting to work I turn on more worship music and listen while I work.  It is amazing how different this week has been from the rest of the month.  Actually, for the last few months I have been in a state of unconsciousness as far as God....and the things of Him....go a lot of the time.  I'm not sure why, or even when it started, but this week I just knew I had to do something to change it....get back to doing things I use to do.  So I started with turning the music back on.  Not just any music....no....mostly slow, worshipful  hymns and choruses....

There's something about the old ones that just bring a feeling of peace to me.  The one that really touched me today was....

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus by Helen Lemmel

O soul are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus,
look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

When you're tired, or things just keep going wrong, what's the best thing you can do?  Turn to Jesus! Turn your eyes to Jesus....not just your seeing eyes but your soul eyes too....and think only on Him! Before you know it your heart and mind are tuned to Jesus and His peace is flooding you from the inside out.  It seems that I have needed that Sweet JESUS Peace....more than I even knew! 

We all have trials and troubles in our lives and there's nothing, or no one, that we need more than JESUS and His peace.  Jesus will refresh you from the inside out and give you rest from your burdens and cares!  So when things get tough, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus and rest in His peace.  He will take care of us through it all. 

Matthew 11:28

Then Jesus said, "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."

Romans 8:6

So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death.   But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.





3 comments:

  1. Hi Chell,
    I have always loved this song and agree one hundred percent with what you have written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about that sweet Jesus peace.
    The Bible says He gives peace unlike the peace that the world gives...it goes deep.
    I love those old hymns too!
    I listen to both the old and the contemporary...there's always something that will stand out for me when I need it.
    I don't listen to music often enough though...I need to change that, and I need to get back into reading the Word more too...sometimes I fall away from it all, and then I begin to feel disconnected from God, though His Spirit is always right there waiting for me to reconnect.
    It is so good to have friends like you to remind me how important that is.
    Blessings and love, my friend~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how easily we slip away from the things we know will bless our days and keep us closely united with Jesus. Next thing you know, you're knee deep in crud and feeling dissatisfied. It's then we realize that we've neglected the very things that make life easier...even joyful. Getting back to doing what we should be doing is good, but being consistent is even better. Gotta remember this myself! Thanks for the great post, Chelle...and yes, I love those old songs, too. :) Jan

    ReplyDelete