Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Prepare Daily

Put on a brave face...say all the right things...it's what we do when we are surrounded by others and know if we don't do this...we are done...we will break down and show our true selves to all and they will know...we are human!  Most of us see that as a bad thing...a thing of weakness.  But really...is it?!  We think that everyone else is stronger...and maybe some are.  Or maybe...they just can't show how they feel because of their past...maybe...they are just afraid.  This morning I read something that said this...

"Never compare your insides to someone else's outsides."

That's good advice.  On the inside we are basically all the same.  When you look at me...what you see is only what I want you to see.  We think we need to always be tough...because if we aren't...someone might see us for what we are...human.  God put the same emotions in all of us.

Happiness...sadness...courage...fear...joy...grief...

The list can just go on and on but the point is...no matter what we are feeling...at some point...we have all experienced every one of these and more.  Feelings...and the circumstances that cause us to have them...are all part of life.  We don't like the negative ones but the fact is...life happens!...and life goes on even after it happens.

In the last eight years of my life I have learned many things.  One of them being...

It's really hard to make it through this life without having Jesus walking with you.  And quite honestly...even with Jesus it can be really hard.  The last few days of life for me have been some of those times.  Without Jesus in my life I don't know what I would have done...how I would have reacted.  I thought I had prepared myself sufficiently...you know...put on that coat of steel so nothing could penetrate to my heart.  Didn't work...I should have put on the whole armor of GOD!  On the inside I was total stress and falling apart...totally penetrated straight to the heart!  Outside...totally together to the human eye.  However at some point the coat comes off and it is what it is.  Your alone and feeling it all.  That's why it's so important to have people in your life that know the Lord...know how to pray...will talk to you...and will pray for and with you.  It's all part of Gods plan...that we pray for each other.  To those that prayed for me...thank you.  I'm standing better today because of your prayers.

We all know that life happens and that life goes on.  I don't think that any of us are ever fully prepared for some parts of life.  We might think we are tough enough to handle whatever comes our way but we usually find out that on our own we aren't.  The only way to get through the hard times...whatever they may be...is with the Lord.  Talking to Him...praying...is how we stay close to Him.  You need to stay close to simply breathe.  Breathe in Jesus...breathe out hope and peace...for you and for others.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Philippians 4:6-7
6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 6:10-18
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,

The last few days have made me realize some things.  No matter how tough I think I am...the devil knows my weaknesses.  He puts those things together with other issues going on in my life and starts the war.  Then because I have not totally put on the whole armor of God and prepared myself for battle...I go down in a heap!  I let him begin to win.  

Don't do what I have done...prepare yourself everyday.  Why?  Because everyday we wake up we are going into battle with the devil.  The thing is...we know the answer...we have the answer...ONE that will battle for us...the LORD...

Exodus 15:2-3

“The Lord is my strength and my defense;
    he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
    my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
The Lord is a warrior;
    the Lord is his name.


"until we see JESUS...face to face"


1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelle, you are so right. Firstly in comparing ourselves, I don't know about you but I always come up wanting. "They" are always better than I am. And to prepare ourselves every day! Absolutely! I too would never have made it this far without the Lord. Your words resonate big time this morning. I should knuckle down and have a quiet time today! I have been missing it lately because chaos reigns in my home at the moment with workers and mess everywhere. BUT.... I need to do it anyway!
    Thank you for this very firm and wise reminder
    God bless my friend
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete