Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

1 Peter 1:13-25

A Call To Holy Living


1 PETER 1:13-25

13 So prepare your minds for action and exercise self-control. Put all your hope in the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. 14 So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. 15 But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. 16 For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”
17 And remember that the heavenly Father to whom you pray has no favorites. He will judge or reward you according to what you do. So you must live in reverent fear of him during your time here as “temporary residents.” 18 For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And it was not paid with mere gold or silver, which lose their value. 19 It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. 20 God chose him as your ransom long before the world began, but now in these last days he has been revealed for your sake.
21 Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory.


This is one of my favorite parts of the Bible.  I have it all highlighted because it really speaks to me.  When I'm having a hard time living the way I know I should this is one of the places I go to read.  Somehow this passage just gives me what I need to keep going.  

It begins by telling us to...."prepare your minds for action"....  For me that's an all the time thing.  Before my feet hit the floor that's something I should do....but I don't always.  I'm thinking if I prayed....before I even got up....then my day....my attitude....would be so much better.  Then there's  verse 14....Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn't know any better then.  In my opinion this verse should have a few of these...!!!!!...after it.  For me anyway!  We must make a conscience effort to live holy lives exhibiting Christs character in all we do and say.  That's a very hard thing to do.  We can only live like we should by staying close to the Lord....talking with Him and reading His Word daily.

Because of Jesus and the fact that He died for us on the cross....we can live our life pleasing to Him.
Yes....we will make mistakes and fail at times but we don't have to be defeated.  Jesus is always there to pick us back up.  Just keep your faith and trust in Him no matter what.

"until we see JESUS....face to face"
 



 

 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment