Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

It Will Be Worth Everything

It will be worth it all
when we see Jesus!
Life's trials will seem so small 
when we see HIM.
One glimpse of His dear face,
All sorrows will erase.
So, bravely run the race
till we see Christ.

This is the chorus to the old hymn; It Will Be Worth It All.  Don't you just love these words?!  The day we see JESUS....in all HIS power and glory....nothing that we have been through in this life will matter.  All we are going to think about is HIM!  It will be an amazing day when HE wipes away all of our tears and sorrows....when sickness and death is behind us and life everlasting is what's in front of us!  Can you only imagine what that will be like?  Which reminds me of this song...

I Can Only Imagine

Surrounded by YOUR glory
What will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you JESUS?
Or in awe of YOU be still?

Will I stand in YOUR presence?
Or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing hallelujah?
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine
I can only imagine

On the day I see JESUS face to face I don't have any idea how I'm going to react.  It's hard to imagine what the feelings will be when we stand in the total light of HIS presence....HIS glory....HIS love!  What....oh what....is that going to feel like?!  To me I don't know how we will be able to contain what we will feel....how to even grasp the enormity of JESUS!  How could we do anything but fall on our face and worship the KING OF KINGS....our KING OF KINGS and our LORD OF LORDS!

We are now in the Easter season and what comes to mind is that hill where JESUS walked up....beaten and bloodied.  Some say HE was forced to go up on Golgotha....HE had no choice accept to let them nail HIM to that old rugged cross....but that's not true.  JESUS chose to have that crown of thorns driven down into HIS head....HE chose to be nailed to that cross....HE chose to hang there in agony....JESUS chose to let them spit on HIM and drive the spear through HIS side.  JESUS chose to let all of that....and more....be done to HIM so that one day we could choose to accept or deny HIS sacrifice....HIS love for us.  Because that's what really drove HIM to the top of that hill.  HIS love for us is what really caused HIM to choose to let those guards do everything vile to HIM that they did that day.  HIS love for us is why HE hung on that old rugged cross until HE had breathed HIS last breath and then said loud enough for all creation to hear....

Luke 23:46

46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.

JESUS went through unimaginable things and then gave up HIS life for you and me.  The question is what are we going to do with that fact?  For me I have made my choice....I am going to live for HIM and then one day soon I'm going to spend eternity with HIM.  If you want to make that choice today just simply tell HIM you're sorry for the way you have lived.  Ask JESUS to forgive you and come to live inside of you.  Then find a church that believes JESUS is the only true and living LORD and SAVIOR and be there Easter morning.  Then live for HIM like there is no tomorrow because you never know when your tomorrows on earth will end.

"until we see JESUS....face to face"


No comments:

Post a Comment