Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

All At The Same Time

I was reading in Isaiah this morning and the Lord brought many things to my attention.  Many things that I so needed to be reminded of today.  There was one in particular that I would like to share simply because I have never thought of  this before.

Isaiah 40:10-11

10 Yes, the Sovereign Lord is coming in power.
    He will rule with a powerful arm.
    See, he brings his reward with him as he comes.
11 He will feed his flock like a shepherd.
    He will carry the lambs in his arms,
    holding them close to his heart.
    He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young.

In vs 10 it says how He will rule with a powerful arm then immediately comes back to say in vs 11 how He is like a shepherd....caring and gentle.  

I've always know that the Lord is all powerful.  That has never been a question for me!  Then there's Psalm 23....one of my all time favorites.  But I guess....I just never put it all together and thought of Him as a mighty warrior....and a gentle shepherd....all at the same time.  For me that just plainly gives me comfort this morning! It helps me with the trust issues I seem to be having.  What comes to mind is this....

While He is fighting for me....holding back the "darkness"....He is at the same time holding me gently....close to His heart....so that I feel His love and protection for me.  Knowing this....putting it all together....helps me to understand it better.  The Lord is my Shepherd and He is fighting to keep me safe....holding and loving me....through everything!  My Shepherd and my Protector!!

In the same way we can all be reminded of how we really are defenseless without the protection of our Lord.  He cares for and loves us....and because of this He is protecting all of us....all of the time.  
We are defenseless under our own power but we are never truly defenseless because we don't live under our own power.  We live with our Savior watching over us. Guiding and protecting us if we will only let Him.  

Psalms 23

The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

"until we see JESUS....face to face"

No comments:

Post a Comment