Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Always Hope

For the last couple of days I have sat around in the doldrums....so to speak.  I had a valid reason....at least in my mind....to be down a bit but I know it's the wrong way to be.  There are so many more people out there with much bigger issues than I have.  So I decided I would just go to sleep and hopefully wake up in better humor tomorrow.  What happened next is really kind of funny.... 

Earlier tonight I had been flipping through the pages of my Bible....not really reading but just glancing at the highlighted scriptures....and stopped on Lamentations 3:21-25.  I remember reading it when I flipped there but really....didn't read it!  So...as I went to stand up to go to bed I looked down and read this....

     21: Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this;
     22: The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
            His mercies never cease.
     23: Great is His faithfulness;
            His mercies begin afresh each morning.
     24:  I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance;
            therefore, I will hope in Him!"
     25:  The Lord is good to those who depend on Him.
             to those who search for Him.

These verses just remind me tonight that there is always hope and that the Lord has not stopped loving me.  He has given me unending mercy and love.  He is faithful until the end of my time here on earth and will be faithful after I'm with Him in Heaven.  Tomorrow when I awake He will give me new mercy to get me through my day.  He will be with me through everything.  I can depend on Him.

Just as these verses are true for me....they are also true for you.

"until we see JESUS....face to face"




 
    

1 comment:

  1. His mercies are new every morning...One of my favorite scriptures.
    Sometimes all we need is some rest and a new day, another chance...But, I hate those wasted days where I feel disconnected from the Lord.
    That is funny how you happened to look down and read that passage...God's Word really is alive and active in our lives!
    Love you, my friend~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete