Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

New Age Thoughts

Tonight I'm just going to share my thoughts a bit with you.  In a home group I go to on Thursday nights we have just watched the Isaiah 9:10 Judgement DVD by Jonathan Cahn.  He also wrote The Harbinger which is a fiction book that goes a long with this DVD.  If you haven't seen it I highly recommend you do.  You will clearly see that nothing....nothing....that happens, happens by chance.  God really does have a plan.  After watching this I know, more than ever, that the place I want to be is in the center of His plan for my life. 

Another thing I have been doing is researching a little about the false prophets of today.  One of the major things I have found is that they touch everyone....Christians and non-Christians alike.  I have been surprised at how much mysticism has become a part of much of what we read today.  The scary part is, we don't even realize how many of the popular authors of Christian books, and well known Pastors of many churches, are into different parts of the New Age movement.  They quote well known mystics and they pray contemplative prayers.  The problem with contemplative prayer is that it is a "centering prayer".  You focus on one word and repeat it over and over until you have emptied your mind of everything else.  It's what they do in many Eastern religions and many cults.  You aren't going to find my God if you are doing the same things they do in New Age movements.  For me....I don't think emptying my mind of everything is a good way to get closer to the Lord.  I think that if you talk to Him....praise Him....worship Him....tell Him everything you want Him to know....have a conversation....He will hear you.  Not only will He hear you, but He will be with you and He will answer your prayers.

I believe that time is short and we need to get as close to the Lord as we can.  I don't want to take any chances of falling away in these last days.  The Bible says that many will fall away.  

1 Timothy 4:1-2

Warnings against False Teachers

Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons. These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead.

I'm not claiming to know a lot about any of this.  But, I believe that this is something that we should all be concerned with.   Everyone of you that is a Bible believing Christian....child of the Living God....should find out more about this for yourself.  You don't want to be led away by people that are teaching things that don't line up with the Word of God.  If what they say, or write, doesn't match up with the Word of God....don't listen to them and don't read their written teachings.  They can be very deceptive that's why we need to be very discerning....pray and ask the Lord for discernment....understanding.


Matthew 7:15

 “Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves."

Research these things for yourself.  Ask the Lord to guide you and to give you wisdom.  Every book and every Pastor isn't bad....but some are.  The main goal is that when Jesus comes back we all meet Him together in the air and live with Him for all eternity. 

"until we see JESUS....face to face"


2 comments:

  1. Yes, the Christian mysticism teaches the opposite of what we know to be true...Their goal is to be empty, whereas we are filled with the Holy Spirit!
    Even the magazines they gave me to learn about breast cancer has a lot of these New Age meditation type teachings in them...all of them!
    It says that I can be healed from cancer, and also learn to cope with pain etc...If I learn things like centering meditation and or visualization techniques...It is everywhere, and I am not too surprised that it has been ingrained into our healthcare system!
    We know that our 'center' is Jesus, He sits on the throne of our life, and it is a fulfilling relationship, not an empty one!
    I might have told you a long time ago, I got into studying about the desert fathers, and contemplative prayer...I was looking for peace, and I found instead isolation...I believe that is one of the things that played a role in my ending up with such sever anxiety that I could barely leave my house! It is a very dangerous teaching disguised as something serene and healthy.
    Thanks for shedding some light!
    Love you, my friend~ & Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bible is a vocabulary, not a book, and I have always found everything I need there. My father's words always stayed in my mind after I became born again 'Let's see what the Lord says'. Now my heavenly Father's words are what stay in my mind. 'Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and whatever anyone says it is always the right thing to do to see if it ties in with scripture. Everything we need is there.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete