Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

God Bless You

Today I read this on Facebook....

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrows troubles, it takes away todays peace.

That's a good, and true, statement.  I don't consider myself a worrier but I do tend to think about things over....and over....and over....and over until....well....you get the drift.

Lately, I have been doing way too much thinking about situations that I can't seem to change.  In fact, they just keep getting worse.  So tonight I opened my Bible because I knew I needed to read something that might give me a better perspective on all the things that have been happening recently.  The Psalms are always a good starting place for me.

Psalm 13:5-6 NLT

But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
I will sing to the Lord
because He is good to me.

My study notes say this...

David felt the pressure of his problems as much as anyone.  Instead of giving up or giving in, however, David held on to his faith. 

What that says to me is don't let the things of life get to you.

People are going to say things about you, and people you thought were friends are going to choose to walk out of your life.  If that's what they choose then you need to accept it and trust that the Lord has better things in store for them and you both.  Let them go and pray God blesses them.

until we see JESUS....face to face 

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree Chelle,
    as long as we have not done anything to cause a person to say bad things about us or walk out of our lives then we need not worry. If we have then we can go to that person and discuss it. The Lord knows the way we will take as every day in our lives was written in His book before even one of them was formed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to read God's perfect and true words when we need them the most; He is always there to protect and comfort! We don't always know why these things happen; that's true, and no matter how much faith we have in His perfect will....they hurt! But we are never, ever alone, and in the end we know "that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to His purpose"... :) :)

    Love you sweet friend!!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to read this today...It is true, we cannot change the things we have no control over...like other people, what they say or do...we can only control how we respond to them.
    That is a very good, very true quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chelle! That first quote you saw on Facebook was from Corrie ten Boom. It's such a wonderful thought, and very true too. King David is an amazing model for faith. Constantly under attack, he puts his faith in God. In everything! I pray I can be more like him.
    Happy Valentines Day!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete