Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

We Will See Clearly

Currently I'm reading a series of fiction books about spiritual warfare.  At the end of the first book one of the main characters looses his sight.  Today I started the second book.  It starts at said characters house and talks of how he is coping without his sight.  It got me to thinking about what it would be like to not be able to see.  How hard it would be going from sighted to sightless!  Then another thought came to mind....

How wonderful it is when you go from being blind....sightless....to sighted, after you accept Jesus as your Savior!  Lately I think a lot about how things use to be for me and how they are now.  What a contrast.  A verse immediately came to my mind while thinking about all of this.  It's an even bigger contrast.  Something that all of us as Christians have to look forward too....

1 Corinthians 13:12 amp
For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood [by God].

Before accepting Christ my life was a blur....everything was dim to dark.  After accepting Christ it was as if I had stepped into a new world....literally!  To an extent that's how it is for everyone as Christians now.  Even though we serve God....life doesn't always make sense.  Our understanding of the things of God is really limited.  We don't usually get to see....or understand....the whole picture of things that happen in our lives.  But one day....when Jesus returns....we will see and understand it all!  We won't be seeing just a blurred reflection, we will be seeing and understanding everything....for the first time....clearly!

Oh what a day that will be!!  What a glorious day!!

Think about it....

We will one day see Jesus....face to face!  All of the questions we have about things of this life won't really matter anymore.  We will understand....and see....fully and clearly! 









1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelle! It will be an amazing day to see the Lord face to face. Wow. Wonder what that will be like??

    I like your point about not being able to see the whole picture. That is so true. But I know he is planning the best for me!

    Good to see you :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete