Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Don't Just Be a Sunday Christian

Since becoming a Christian I have had many thoughts about my walk with Jesus.  The latest one is the thought that just kind of hit me between the eyes this morning and I believe that it came from the Lord....


Don't just be a Sunday Christian. 

Well....I don't want to be just a Sunday Christian.  No I don't!  I want to be the kind of Christian that the Lord wants me to be.  That is a....Sunday....Monday....Tuesday....Wednesday....everyday of the week and then start all over and do it again follower of JESUS type Christian!!  That's what He wants all of us to be.  He wants us to go all out for Him! 

Jesus has changed my life and He is continuing to change me daily.

What I have been saying for some time now....and you're probably tired of reading it is....I just simply want more of God.  I want everything He has for me! 

Psalm 63:1 says this;

O God, You are my God;
I earnestly search for You.
My soul thirsts for You;
my whole body longs for You
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water.

Daily I feel that way and tonight it just rings truer than most nights.  I....and all of you....must grow in the faith that He has given to us....in the way and the place that He has for us.   Wherever you are in your journey with Him....walk it out.  Wherever He has placed you....dig in and grow.  Grow deep in and with Him and with those He has placed around you.  Study His word....talk with Him....worship Him....and be a light in the dark so others can see Him as He really is....not as they think He is. 

If your soul is truly thirsty for Him....you will seek Him....you will cry out to Him....and He will give you what you need.  He might even ask you to change some things in your life.  It could be people, or it could be a place, but whatever it is for you....just go with it because it can be an exciting time!  But really what I find the kicker is....

When He changes things in your life you will know that He is in it and everything about it will be good!  And yes....He has changed some things in my life and it is good!  The best part of all that has been happening lately is....the more of God that I have been experiencing!  And the other best part is....there is so much more of the more of God that I know He is just waiting to give to me.  My job is to keep seeking and searching with an open heart and sometimes....just to wait quietly before Him and see what He has for me. 

I believe that the Lord wants us to keep reaching out to Him.  To keep calling on Him....searching for Him with an  open heart....and seeking Him with all that you have within you.  If you do these things....He will come to you and begin a work in you that you never thought was possible.  Then I believe you will walk with Him in a deeper way than you ever have before and you won't be....

Just a Sunday Christian!

Psalm 89:15

Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship,
for they will walk in the light of Your presence, Lord.

"until we see JESUS....face to face"







1 comment:

  1. My grandma used to call them "Sunday angels, weekday devils". I am feeling a struggle with the idea of going back to church...though I do not want to return to the church I last attended for some good reasons...But, I do feel the pull, Jeff wants to start going too...We just need to decide where. (Not a lot of options around here). I sure would appreciate your prayers about this....It's like you said...grow where you are planted.
    I'm so glad to hear about the positive changes the Lord is making in your life...It is as He has promised that if we seek Him we shall find Him...and as we draw near to Him He will draw near to us!
    Blessings and love~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete