Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Tonight I'm just sitting having a cup of peppermint tea and listening to some great music.
Just A Closer Walk With Thee is one of my favorite songs.  I always say how I want that more than anything...and I do.  This song just reminds me how much.  And like the song says...daily walking close to Thee...that is exactly what I/we have to do.  It's a choice like everything else in life.  I fall...I get up.  How?  Jesus reaches out His hand...takes mine...takes yours...and helps me up...helps me to take one more step...by faith in Him. 

Tonight sitting in my room...surrounded by music...I feel Him close. Too many times I wander yet He always...always...always...reaches out and pulls me back to Him.  But God.  Without Him...I don't know what I would do.  He constantly shows me...gives to me...His amazing grace.  What would I/we do without His grace?  Tonight I. Am.Thankful.

Colossians 2:6-7 NLT

And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow Him.
Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him.
Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

"until we see JESUS...face to face"




2 comments:

  1. Sometimes those old songs just speak straight into our spirits like that...shining a light onto the true character of Jesus and his love for us. I read a passage of scripture just yesterday that really caught my attention; it is in Romans 5:3-4; it says that tribulation produces perseverance, which produces character, which produces hope. I never realized how much God is really interested in building our character, so much so that it is part of the plan to give us hope.
    So, when we walk closer to Jesus, the trials that we face are building our character to closer resemble his character, and our hope is to become more and more like him the more we persevere (linger in him).
    We face trials whether we know Jesus or not, but he uses the believer's trials to build up our hope and form our character.
    I think that is part of what scripture teaches about "all things being for the good of those who are called to His purpose."
    Thanks for sharing your insights in this post, Chelle...and now I think I might have a cup of peppermint tea!
    Blessings and love to you! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your insight Lisa. You always give me more to think about and I like that.
      Hugs...Chelle

      Delete