Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Created Anew

God is good!

Right now we are being held in the nail scarred hand of our Savior....Jesus Christ!  I am forever thankful!!

This morning I started a new book....52 Weeks With Jesus by James Merritt.  I said a short prayer before beginning this because I wasn't sure of it was meant for me to read or not.  My prayer was simply that the Holy Spirit would let me take in....digest....only what He wanted for me and that anything else would not sink in.  I believe He helped me to get exactly what I needed this morning....

The last verse in todays section was this....

Ephesians 2:10

"For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things planned for us long ago"

I love that verse! 

The first section was about the family tree of Jesus....the people in His lineage weren't perfect!  Guess what?  Neither are we!  But that's okay.  Once we accept Jesus our past is just that....our past.  Now we can go on to do the things for Jesus we were created to do. 

Just like all who have come before me....I am not perfect and neither are you.  Our past isn't spotless and neither will our future be.  However....because of Jesus we have been made new!  We are a masterpiece of grace and mercy....God's grace and mercy.  We were created for a purpose with a job to do.  What we do for the Lord will be the part of our history that will be remembered for all time by the only One who matters!  Praise the Lord!!

"until we see JESUS....face to face"

No comments:

Post a Comment