Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Just Go With It

It's Tuesday morning 7 a.m. and I'm sitting at my desk writing again.  Normally I would be at work but today I have places to go and people to see....as the old "adage" says.  I remember always hearing that as a kid.  I like those types of memories....I was always a word and number person.  My Mom always liked words and my Dad always liked numbers....as well as hunting and fishing.  However....as fun as some of these remembrances are I will save more of them for another post.  But not now.  Today I want to focus more on God.  My parents "gave" me life but....

The Lord is the sustainer of my life.  He keeps me going when I sometimes think I can't continue on.  Sounds crazy I know....that I can't keep on....but my thoughts sometimes do get the best of me.  The Lord knows when we need more than we have....more than we are capable of having on our own.  Even though deep down somewhere I know that Gods got me....got "it"....I let my thoughts and fears get the best of me.  The "it" in my life becomes stronger....in my thoughts....than the Sustainer of my life.  But this morning....

This morning I was hit first thing with words from the Lord.  At 4:17 I was wide awake and started finding things to read.  I looked at my e-mail first and saw one from a friend.  It said....HE loves you, and wants your complete trust to be in HIM.  All I could think of was....I know....I know....but I'm having a hard time with that!  So I read it a couple more times trying to get that thought process to sink in!!  Then I went to what some call a bad thing....Facebook.  I get a lot of scripture and good things on my Facebook....this morning those things seemed more than normal. 

Deuteronomy 31:8
"Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Then there was a devotion from Greg Laurie titled Bring Him Into Your Boat....it was very good!  It is about the disciples when they were in the storm tossed boat. 

John 6:20-21
20 but he called out to them, “Don’t be afraid. I am here!” 21 Then they were eager to let him in the boat, and immediately they arrived at their destination!

For me....right now....today....I don't know that it's fear....I'm not sure....well....in all honesty....maybe some fear it's just hard to admit that.  I think I'm just tired of fighting this continually and I need it to be done.  I do know that I need to be at the final destination for this thing....the "it" that Gods got....in my life.  

I'm not sure how to finish this except to say....

I know that the Lord is with me all the time....even when I don't feel Him.  He will take care of me and has His best plans for my life.  Just as He does for all of you.  

"until we see JESUS....face to face"





No comments:

Post a Comment