Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Scripture Trails

I love days off when I can get up, open my study Bible, and follow the trail of scriptures from one verse to the next.  Sometimes I can go on for a long time and other times it's only a few verses.  But however far the trail leads....that's where the Lord wants to take me on that day.  Isn't it just so cool how He knows just how far to lead us each time?!

This morning I got out my Jesus Calling devotional....thank you Marge for reminding me how good it is....to get me started.  It's funny how I read today's....which was good....but yesterdays was the one for me today.  I've never really been one to adhere to guidelines very well!  Anyway....I followed the trail....read many great verses....and ended up with this one....

Galatians 5:25

Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives.

Wow!  Isn't God good?!  I read this morning about seizing and holding fast....seeking the Lord my  God with everything in me....how God is faithful....loving Him with every breath I have.....committing myself to Him and His commands wholeheartedly....and finally....following Him in every part of my life!  Hmmmm....think He's trying to tell me something?!

So far today has been great and I am greatly blessed.  Here is a list of some of the scriptures that I referred too.  I read them all in the Amplified because sometimes I need a little more clarification for it to fully come alive to me!

Hebrews 10:23
Deuteronomy 4:29
1 Corinthians 1:9 and 10:13
Deuteronomy 6:5 and 6
Matthew 22:37
Mark 12:29-30
Galatians 5:25

Then the last one was on my journal page;

1 Chronicles 16:25 KJV

For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;
He also is to be feared above all gods. 

Be blessed today as you find your own way through the Word of our God.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment